Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim DuBray

Default Converting hundredths

The only problem is then when they work graveyard shift, i.e.. 14.99-5.00 the
result is a negative number. Can you tell me how to fix that?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Actually your application is easier than hours:minutes. Just enter the
values as:

14.99 rather than 14:99 and do not format as time. Format as general.

Then 21.96 - 14.99 = 6.97 hours

If you need to convert back to hours:minutes, just multiply the fraction by
60. So 6.97 hours will become 6 hours 57.6 minutes.
--
Gary's Student

"Kim DuBray" wrote:

I have a timesheet that calculates hours worked. I'd like to enable the data
entry person to enter the military time in hundredths. My current formula for
calculating the hours is:
((F6 (time out)-C6(time in)+(f6<c6))*24. However, our timeclock generates
military time in hundreds, i.e... 14:99-21:96. Is there a way to make the
timesheet allow the entry of time in hundredths and then calculate the hours?