Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Lortz

Default Change default font format in Excel

I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I
want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Michael,

Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the
window that appears.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Target.Font.Bold = True

"Michael Lortz" wrote in message
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I
want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Michael,

The version below can be switched on by putting RB into cell A1, and turned off by removing the RB
from cell A1. That might be a little more useful.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Static UseRB As Boolean
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value = "RB" Then
UseRB = True
Else
UseRB = False
End If
Exit Sub
End If
If UseRB And Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Target.Font.Bold = True

"Michael Lortz" wrote in message
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I
want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Lortz

Bernie,

Thanks very much for your replies--they are great! Is there a way I could
create a button on my toolbar to activate/de-activate this feature instead of
pasting the code in and out or using a cell reference?

Thanks,

Michael