Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Lortz

Default Change default font format in Excel

Bernie,

Thanks very much for your replies--they are great! Is there a way I could
create a button on my toolbar to activate/de-activate this feature instead of
pasting the code in and out or using a cell reference?

Thanks,

Michael

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Michael,

The version below can be switched on by putting RB into cell A1, and turned off by removing the RB
from cell A1. That might be a little more useful.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Static UseRB As Boolean
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value = "RB" Then
UseRB = True
Else
UseRB = False
End If
Exit Sub
End If
If UseRB And Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Target.Font.Bold = True

"Michael Lortz" wrote in message
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I
want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks.