Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carole Drake

Default Is there a shortcut to skip down the page in a large worksheet?

My worksheet is 2790 lines deep and I need to be able to skip down to certain
areas. I bought the Excel 2002 Bible by John Walkenbach and don't find it
there yet. Maybe I don't know the right question.

The first column is account numbers but I didn't really want to name each
cell to be able to find the cell that way - there are many account numbers.

So I just arrow down and watch the number fly by and when I'm about
there...you get the picture.... Is there a better way?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Billigmeier

1) You can hit F5 and enter an exact cell to skip to.
2) You can do an Edit-Find to skip to an exact account number.
3) You can do a Data-Filter-Auto Filter, this way to hide all rows except
the row with your account number.
4) =MATCH("123456789",A1:A2790,0) to get the exact row an account number of
123456789 is located on

Any of those help?
Dave

"Carole Drake" wrote:

My worksheet is 2790 lines deep and I need to be able to skip down to certain
areas. I bought the Excel 2002 Bible by John Walkenbach and don't find it
there yet. Maybe I don't know the right question.

The first column is account numbers but I didn't really want to name each
cell to be able to find the cell that way - there are many account numbers.

So I just arrow down and watch the number fly by and when I'm about
there...you get the picture.... Is there a better way?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

The PageDown or PageUp keys will allow you to move more quickly. If you
have a rough idea which row you want to jump to (eg row 1800) then you
can use the GoTo key (F5), or if you want to move to the bottom row
(assuming contiguous data) press END followed by down-arrow.

Hope this helps

Pete