Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
column headings

Default how do I insert column headings or labels without using a row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

"column headings" <column wrote in
message ...

You don't. Excel has plenty of rows - using just one isn't a problem!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
column headings

Thanks.. But then the row numbering is "taken up" by the title and the
"first" row of data is numbered 2. Is there a way to avoid this? Also, how do
I designate this first row as a "Column Heading" so that it reprints on every
page?

"Stephen" wrote:

"column headings" <column wrote in
message ...

You don't. Excel has plenty of rows - using just one isn't a problem!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You could hide row and column headings and then in A2 add a formula of
=ROW(A1) and copy down. Colour the cells grey and voila.

FilePAgeSetupSheet Rows to repeat as $1:$1

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"column headings" wrote in
message ...

"Stephen" wrote:

"column headings" <column wrote in
message ...

You don't. Excel has plenty of rows - using just one isn't a problem!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You have to create your own numbering or use a real database like access or
something (you can hide the default headers under toolsoptionsview and
uncheck row & column headers)
you can put this in row 2 and copy down

=ROW()-1

2. Do filepage setup, select sheet and rows to repeat at top and if you are
using row 1 use

$1:$1

Peo Sjoblom

"column headings" wrote in