Abay

Default Excel 2000 - Column labels for forms

Hello .. I am trying to set up a form for data entry which will use Column
labels as field names for data entry on a form. I used the "Label" option
on the forms tool bar with no success, I also tried just entering the field
name as the first entry in each column and that doesn't work either.

The error message states to use a text label at the top of each column, &
that is what I thought I did, but Excel doesn't like it. Tried the help
function in Excel with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated by this more or less newbie.

Abay

Anne Troy

I guess Data--Form doesn't work? Just want to make sure you're aware of the
feature.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abay" wrote in message
Hello .. I am trying to set up a form for data entry which will use Column
labels as field names for data entry on a form. I used the "Label" option
on the forms tool bar with no success, I also tried just entering the
field name as the first entry in each column and that doesn't work either.

The error message states to use a text label at the top of each column, &
that is what I thought I did, but Excel doesn't like it. Tried the help
function in Excel with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated by this more or less newbie.

Abay

Abay

Yes that is what I am doing, and it gives a message asking about column
headings, which I have set up, but the headings apparently should be "text
labels" .. It would be nice not to have this message pop up each time .. I
am passing this form on for someone to use it as a data entry tool.

Abay