Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

Default I'm going crazy here

I just want to set up a database where as a number is automatically
assigned to each group of data. I would enter the data in various
forms(that I've already sarted to make) at various times. Then I would
have various ways of displaying the information. Then I would want to
look up the data by say customer name or phone number. I must be
missing something. I haven't figured out where to start. There must be
something I could set up in just a few minutes. I give up. Please
humble me.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keithl816

You might want to look into using access instead of excel for what you
want to do

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

fam

Check out Help on functions like Autofilter, Advanced Filter, Grouping and
Outlining.

Debra Dalgleish's site would be a good place to start.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP