Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bmwridr

Default crazy mouse?

mouse acts crazy, cells highlight, how do I stop--only in excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

This is a known (but unacknowledged by Microsoft) bug. If you
have a wheel on your mouse, try clicking it a few times. If you
have a USB mouse, disconnect and reconnect it. Otherwise, you're
stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut down Excel.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"bmwridr" wrote in message
mouse acts crazy, cells highlight, how do I stop--only in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Also could be that you have hit the F8 key to put you into extended mode.

Do you EXT down on status bar?

If so, hit F8 to clear.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:39:04 -0600, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

This is a known (but unacknowledged by Microsoft) bug. If you
have a wheel on your mouse, try clicking it a few times. If you
have a USB mouse, disconnect and reconnect it. Otherwise, you're
stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut down Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

You are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del and cancel Excel task only as a last resort,
you can usually manage to break loose. Unplugging and reattaching
the mouse is one I'd not thought of before.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

As far as Microsoft not recognizing the problem, it is a matter of
coming up with a worksheet or a sequence of repeatable events
that can cause the problem anywhere, any time.

I haven't had ghosting problems for a long time, but I do get have
the red light go out on the (USB) mouse and have to unplug and reattach
it into the USB hub. I know of others that have this problem and
I don't think this one is limited to Excel. Location within the hub may
have some inpact on the frequence.
---
HTH,