GillianHG

Default Mouse pointer becomes hyperlink when sheet protected

I'm bringing this forward from an earlier post because I really need an
answer. Thanks Excel Community!

A user of mine has a multiple sheet workbook. When he protects two of the
sheets, the mouse pointer changes from the 'puffy white cross' (selection
mouse) to the 'pointing hand' (hyperlink mouse). On all the other sheets when
he protects, the mouse stays a selection mouse.

I've done some trouble shooting - here's what I know to be true:

There are three simple macros on the sheet, but all the sheets have similar
macros. These macros jump between sheets in the workbook. The code is a
simple select sheet and then go to A1. I tried deleting all the macros from
the workbook and the
buttons but no change to the issue.

When I copy the sheet (Select Sheet, Copy) and paste to a new workbook and
protect, the mouse stays as a selection mouse and the problem appears fixed.
(note the button do not copy over this way.)

Also, wherever the active cell is, when I protect, I am unable to click on
another cell - it's like the active cell stays frozen. However, I can use my
keyboard to move the active cell.

I checked the Protection settings and I have Select Locked Cells and Select
Unlocked Cells active.

If anyone has seen this or knows a fix, I'd appreciate the help - this one
has me stumped.
--
Thanks,
GillianHG