Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dr. Sachin Wagh

Default Special format for negative figures

How do I get parenthesis i.e. () for negative %
Ex: (-5%)
as we get for numbers

Though managed to get it red coloured thru Conditional Formating

Pls Help
--
Dr. Sachin Wagh
MBBS, DHA, DPH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob

Highlight the cells you want to format this way
Right click on the cells and select Format Cells
On the number Tab, choose Custom
In the "Type" box enter:

0.00%_);[Red](0.00%)