Cassie

Default why does currency format change to number format?

every time I format a column in the currency format and save, when I go back
to that column, the formatting has changed to number format. How can I get
this format to stay?
Dave Peterson

Are you actually closing and reopening your file?

If you are, how are you saving your workbook--as a .xls ("Microsoft Office Excel
Workbook (*.xls)"?

It kind of sounds like you're saving as a .csv (comma separated values) file.
This type of file is plain text and won't preserve the formatting when you
reopen it.

--

Dave Peterson