Laura

Default How to format a date to a different format

I need help in converting a date "20050205" where the first 4 numbers are the
year, the 2nd two numbers are the month, and the last two would represent the
day of the month. I have tried several things to format these and looked in
Help but I am not asking the right question. I want to be able to have the
data read 02/05/2005 or something close such as 2/5/05. The date format it
is currently would be fine if that was the only report, but I have several
other downloads that I work with and those dates are in the format I am
requesting. Also the original format is hard to read if your not used to
it....... is there a solutions

Many thanks
--
Laura
Mfg Planning
Myrna Larson

Select the column with the dates, then Data/Text to Columns, and on the 3rd
screen select Date and the YMD option