Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Default Determining the highest number in a row

--
** Fool on the hill **
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

=MAX(1:1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jaydubs" wrote in message

** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

That is not what I am looking for, sorry. Unfortunately it makes the entire
line green if I use this instead of the one entry in the line that is the
highest in that row.
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Niek Otten" wrote:

=MAX(1:1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jaydubs" wrote in message

** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

sounds like you are using conditional formatting to highlight the maximum in
a list. Highlight the list and select Format-Conditional Formatting.
Select "Formula is" and use this formula
=MAX(1:1)=A1
1:1 is the list range of the list, and A1 is the left most cell in the
highlighted range. Be sure to include both equal signs. Then select the
formatting you want.

"Jaydubs" wrote:

That is not what I am looking for, sorry. Unfortunately it makes the entire
line green if I use this instead of the one entry in the line that is the
highest in that row.
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Niek Otten" wrote:

=MAX(1:1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jaydubs" wrote in message

** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

The original solution did work in fact. I did use formula and than the
solution from Niek. But it should be value is equal to using Niek's solution
and it works.

Thanks everyone !!
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Jaydubs" wrote:

That is not what I am looking for, sorry. Unfortunately it makes the entire
line green if I use this instead of the one entry in the line that is the
highest in that row.
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Niek Otten" wrote: