Ivan

Default number format

Hi,

I have a problem with the number format in excel. When a number is
entered in cell A1 and in cell B1 =A1 is entered, the number format of
cell A1 is taken over in cell B1. If afterwards the number format in
cell A1 is changed, this new number format will not be taken over in
cell B1. Is there a possibility to automatically take over the changed
number format in cell B1 ?

Thank you in advance.

--
Ivan
Ivan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27997

JE McGimpsey

You could update the number formats from a VBA event macro like the
SelectionChange event, so that it would update whenever the selection is
changed, but there's no event that's fired when a format is changed, so
you can't rely on the formats always being the same.

Or you could run an OnTime macro that updated every few seconds, but
that can significantly affect the performance of your worksheet.

If you're interested in either, post back.

In article ,
Ivan wrote:

I have a problem with the number format in excel. When a number is
entered in cell A1 and in cell B1 =A1 is entered, the number format of
cell A1 is taken over in cell B1. If afterwards the number format in
cell A1 is changed, this new number format will not be taken over in
cell B1. Is there a possibility to automatically take over the changed
number format in cell B1 ?

Ivan

JE McGimpsey,

I think your first solution (selectionChange) could help me. Could you
post some more information about it?

thx
Ivan