Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe_bruin

Default Format all sheets in one Workbook

I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
offered on the formatting issue in Excel. If you would like to format
all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
are currently viewing.

I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
the file menu. It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Louise

Does this mean that when you group the worksheets together and use 'File' and
'Page Setup' from normal view, it will allow you to change the page set up
options for every page in one go????

Thanks.

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
offered on the formatting issue in Excel. If you would like to format
all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
are currently viewing.

I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
the file menu. It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Louise

Yes, most setup functions can be done on grouped sheets.

Some of the page setup features will not be available with grouped sheets.

Print Area and Print Titles will be grayed out in grouped sheets the same as
when in Print Preview.

Joe_Bruin is not correct in his last sentence.

It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
offered on the formatting issue in Excel. If you would like to format
all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
are currently viewing.

I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
the file menu. It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe_bruin

Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked... The
key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.

And Gord:
I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
"columns to repeat at left" from print preview. When in Print Preview
the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
file/page setup. I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
"incorrect", was a bit too much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Louise

In the past, I have always tried to change margins, headers/footers etc. in
group mode using print preview which, as we are all aware, is unavailable. I
never knew though that you could in fact do that through File and Page SetUp
- you've saved me loads of time!!! THank you.....

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked... The
key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.

And Gord:
I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
"columns to repeat at left" from print preview. When in Print Preview
the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
file/page setup. I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
"incorrect", was a bit too much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Joe

You are correct that these functions are grayed out when in Print Preview.

This is true even when not grouping sheets.

You then stated they were available with grouped sheets through FilePage
Setup.

Those two functions are also grayed out when you have multiple sheets
selected.

That is what I was referring to when I said you were incorrect.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP