Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Linuxster

Default How do place a column of date/time information into a calendar for

Please allow me to better define the question. I'm currently use a
spreadsheet that allows me to enter a start date and time as a 'reference'.
Then in a column, I enter a project code(s)(which uses a vlookup to get the
amount of time required to complete that project). So from that start
date/time and a list of project codes I have a list of start/end times (with
date) for all of the projects that are to be scheduled for the week (it's a
24/7 operation so after one project ends another one starts and the length of
time for each projects varies greatly). That part all works fine. The only
trouble is, the list is in vertical(column) form. If any of that made sense,
here is the real question.

Is it possible to take this list of date/times which is continuous for 7
days straight and put them in a hortizonal fashion(calendar format) correctly
without having to do it manually via cut&paste?

Sample column data:

Project code: A4578
Start Time: 12/04/2005 23:00
End Time: 12/05/2005 20:30

Project Code: D1523
Start Time: 12/05/2005 21:30
End Time: 12/06/2005 01:30

Project Code: Q7755
Start Time: 12/06/2005 02:30
End Time: 12/06/2005 12:00

Project Code: F4821
Start Time: 12/06/2005 13:00
End Time: 12/06/2005 19:00

Project Code: F4822
Start Time: 12/06/2005 20:00
End Time: 12/07/2005 03:30

I would like to all the start/end times to fall in the proper places on the
'schedule/calendar'.

Thanks in advance for any help and I'm not asking anyone to do the work for
me. I'm just wondering if it's possible and if so, point me in the right
direction.

CR