Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
killa47

Default Same view for multiple sheets

Does anyone know some magic for keeping the same view in multiple sheets
as the active sheet?

--
killa47
killa47's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

To synxhronise formatting (p.e. column widths, background/font colors,
fonts, hidding/unhidding rows/columns) for some list of sheets with master
sheet, you can use a procedure or some event (p.e. Workbook Open or Close).

Without VBA, the only way worth of trying, is to design a master sheet at
start, and create all other sheets as copies of this master sheet
(right-click on tab, Move or Copy, check Create a Copy, and OK. And rename
the copyed sheet after that). Of course, when you edit master sheet
afterwards, all sheets copied before keep old design.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"killa47" wrote in
message ...

Does anyone know some magic for keeping the same view in multiple sheets
as the active sheet?

--
killa47
killa47's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
killa47

Thanks for that. What I am trying to get is a way for all multiple
sheets to maintain same view as active sheet view. In Lotus 123 (my old
software) when you switch between sheets, the cursur (active cell) and
sheet view are all as per the first (master) sheet. In Excel, Microsoft
clearly didn't think this option was necessary but it is if you want to
have say 12 sheets of monthly figures (even 52 weekly), maintain all
sheets as a constant format/layout but be able to move from one sheet
to the next and edit individual amounts.
I typically use these workbooks for budget accounts, so occasionally
you might change format (the grouped multiple sheets thus maintain
constant format) but I need to edit values per sheet. Moving between
each sheet puts the cursor wherever it last was which means losing the
ability of fast edit updates to say all 12 or 52 sheets.

--
killa47
killa47's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28641
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Myself would use a design, where all data input is done on single sheet
(some table like TransactID, TransactDate, TransactType, ...,
TransactValue). Then you design a couple of report sheets (WeekRep,
MonthRep, YearRep, etc), where you determine filter conditions, and
according report is generated based on data from input sheet. Such design is
much more flexible. And it is very easy to start with new workbook, when the
number of rows on input sheet grows (p.e. you can save the working workbook
at year end as an archive (like Budget2005.xls), clear all data from
original workbook - and on 1st workday of new year you can start working
without problems).