Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
southpaw3229

Default Linking Question

We have a excel file (it's our Budget) it is uploaded in a folder on the
company share drive (server).

Each department needs to be able to make changes to their section of
the budget(each department has their own sheet in the workbook).

My question is can they have their sheet on their PC, make changes and
hit an upload button that makes the change on the budget that is on our
server.

I don't want people to just copy the workbook to their PC and make the
changes and then upload their refresh copy to the server, b/c somebody
at the same time could be doing the same thing and their work might not
get updated.

How can i make this happen?

thanks

--
southpaw3229
southpaw3229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29263

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eddie O

You may want to check out http://www.groove.net/
Microsoft just purchased this company, and it allows multiple users to
collaborate on a single document, including speadsheets. I believe it's free
use.