singlgl1

Default Another linking question

I have a Worksheet called “DailyReport” with a number entered in cell
A1, such as 23rd, 24th,25th,etc
I’d like to have it auto enter a number in Cell A2 that comes
From a file called “ProdReports”, and from sheet “23rd” cell A10, or
“24th” cell A10,etc,depending on what sheet number is typed into cell
A1, of the worksheet ”DailyReport”
Thanks, Greg

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26389

Anne Troy

Sounds like a job for Indirect, Greg. See this:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"singlgl1" wrote in
message ...

I have a Worksheet called "DailyReport" with a number entered in cell
A1, such as 23rd, 24th,25th,etc
I'd like to have it auto enter a number in Cell A2 that comes
From a file called "ProdReports", and from sheet "23rd" cell A10, or
"24th" cell A10,etc,depending on what sheet number is typed into cell
A1, of the worksheet "DailyReport"
Thanks, Greg

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479533

singlgl1

Thanks Anne for the suggestion .Unfortunately, the workbook that I'll be
referencing will not always be open , therefore I'm not sure if the
indirect function would work for me.

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26389