Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using "IF" statements...my problem

One column has one letter in each cell, something between A through E,
basically randomly occuring down
the entire column. Next to each cell in that column is a number value
associated with the letter, but of course each nominal letter (not each
instance) may be associated with x different numbers/values, depending
on how many times is shows up in the column. ANyway, how do I use "IF,
then" statements to sum, say, all the numbers associated with "A"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Letters in column A, numeric values in column B.

=SUMIF(A:A,"A",B:B)

OR:

C1 = A

=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)