Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manatee

Default How to hide formulas?

Hi, guys
Could you please help me with the issue.
I have Excel worksheet with different formulas.
I want to give this worksheet to a person, but I don't want him to see
how the formulas work, only to see the values.
How can I do it?
I found that I can protect document. Is it save? Could it be broke?
Another solution is to make field property Custom (;;; Type) But an
experienced user can easily unhide it.
Is there any solution to hide formulas for good?

Thank you in advance.

--
Manatee
Manatee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BenjieLop

Manatee Wrote:
Hi, guys
Could you please help me with the issue.
I have Excel worksheet with different formulas.
I want to give this worksheet to a person, but I don't want him to see
how the formulas work, only to see the values.
How can I do it?
I found that I can protect document. Is it save? Could it be broke?
Another solution is to make field property Custom (;;; Type) But an
experienced user can easily unhide it.
Is there any solution to hide formulas for good?

Thank you in advance.

Go the cells that you want to protect and click on

Format
Cells
Protection

and check "Hidden" as well.

You can also password protect and hope that the person you give your
document to does not how to "hack it" without a password.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manatee

I've found more easiest way:
Copy everything from the document and Paste Special to a new one,
selecting to paste values and number formats. And it works! :)