sparky3883

Default Lock Columns and Hide Formula's

Hi All
I was hoping that someone may be able to help me with the following
queries that i have.

1) In column B i have lots of information that i don't want people to
be able to edit. Is there any way of 'locking' this Column so that it
can't be tampered with, but not locking any other Column?

2) In lots of my Cells, i have inputted some formulas. When you select
a Cell, you can see the formula in the formula bar at the top. Is there
a way of 'hiding' this so that when you select a Cell the formula is
still there but it can't be seen in the formula bar at the top?

Any Help/advice would be much aprpeciated.
Thanks in advance
Mark

--
sparky3883
sparky3883's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6893

Anne Troy

1. See how:

2. See how:
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/ce...e_formulas.php (sorry about the
popups; looks like I have to write my own)
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"sparky3883" wrote
in message ...