Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_nice!

Default removing space and tabs in a cell

I have moved some data from a table on the web to a spreadsheet and I
would like to change the numbers in a column in to currency. It is not
allowing me to do that as there are blank spaces and I assume tabs
after the number in the cell. I have tried using trim and clean and get
nothing at the moment the only way I have found to do it is to select an
individual cell go to the end of the number and select everything behind
it and deleting it then becomes a number and I can change it to
currency. I would do this but unfortunatley I have around 6k cells to
do

Any clues boys!!

nice

--
mr_nice!
mr_nice!'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

You are already about 90 % there.

When you click on a cell, instead of deleting the un-wanted material in the
formula bar, copy it (CNTRL-C). Then select all the cells in the worksheet
(or the cells you want cleaned) and pull-down:
Edit Find... and in the find what field do a paste. This puts the
un-wanted stuff in that field, then replace with nothing.

Have a "nice" day
--
Gary's Student

"mr_nice!" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_nice!

Of course thats the way to do it, as soon as some one explains it it
becomes very easy!!!:)

Cheers Gary's Student, owe you one!!!!

nice!

--
mr_nice!
mr_nice!'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23234
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488679

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

If Gary's advice doesn't get you all that you need, try opeing the Find &
Replace dialog (Edit-Replace or Ctrl-H), click in the Find What text box,
hold the Alt key down, and use the numeric keypad to type 0160. Then Replace
All

"mr_nice!" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay

Have you tried the following?
Select a blank cell format it Numbers, General, Copy it (Control+C)
then select/highlight a small test group of
your data cells and do an Edit Paste-Special, Add.
That might do it; If so do the remaining cells same way..
HTH

"mr_nice!" wrote in
message ...

I have moved some data from a table on the web to a spreadsheet and I
would like to change the numbers in a column in to currency. It is not
allowing me to do that as there are blank spaces and I assume tabs
after the number in the cell. I have tried using trim and clean and get
nothing at the moment the only way I have found to do it is to select an
individual cell go to the end of the number and select everything behind
it and deleting it then becomes a number and I can change it to
currency. I would do this but unfortunatley I have around 6k cells to
do

Any clues boys!!

nice

--

[...]