Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay

Default removing space and tabs in a cell

change "format it Numbers, General"
to format it Numbers, Currency

"JMay" wrote in message
Have you tried the following?
Select a blank cell format it Numbers, General, Copy it (Control+C)
then select/highlight a small test group of
your data cells and do an Edit Paste-Special, Add.
That might do it; If so do the remaining cells same way..
HTH

"mr_nice!" wrote in
message ...

I have moved some data from a table on the web to a spreadsheet and I
would like to change the numbers in a column in to currency. It is not
allowing me to do that as there are blank spaces and I assume tabs
after the number in the cell. I have tried using trim and clean and get
nothing at the moment the only way I have found to do it is to select an
individual cell go to the end of the number and select everything behind
it and deleting it then becomes a number and I can change it to
currency. I would do this but unfortunatley I have around 6k cells to
do

Any clues boys!!

nice

--