Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AndyB

Default Excel 2003 SP2 hangs on HTML paste

Since upgrade to SP2 version of Office 2003 my Word and Excel applications
hang when trying to complete a HTML paste operation of data copied from a
web page in Internet Explorer version 6. This only happens while I'm
connected to the Internet. If I close my connection the paste completes.
Anyone know why or how to correct? Microsoft people feel free to comment.

OS: Windows XP SP2, Home
Hardwa HP a610
AV: Norton Internet Security 2005
Dialup connection