Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat

Default VBA does not work for Office 2003

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Office 2000 Pro to 2003 Std. My automation programs
in Excel which I wrote in VBA in Office 2000 don't work anymore in 2003. It
will give errors at functions like LCASE which still work fine in 2000 but
it's like it doesn't recognize the syntax. I re-upgraded to 2003 Pro,
thinking Std. didn't let you run VBA, but the same problem happened.
Is it hopefully just a problem with the references? I think I have them all
there... but anyways something isn't working right. Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Open up one of those workbooks that won't work.
Go into the VBE and select your project.

Then click on Tools|References

Look for MISSING in that list.

A missing reference can cause the trouble you're having. If the missing
reference isn't required, you can remove the reference.

If you're using that refererence (or trying to use it), you may have more work
to do.

Post back with your findings.

(a missing reference can cause trouble like what you describe with lcase().)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat

Yes it works now! There was a reference missing... although it had to do with
sql queries (xlodbc.xla). Still I could have sworn it was giving an error for
LCASE before. Anyways, thanks for your help!

Pat wrote:

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Office 2000 Pro to 2003 Std. My automation programs
in Excel which I wrote in VBA in Office 2000 don't work anymore in 2003. It
will give errors at functions like LCASE which still work fine in 2000 but
it's like it doesn't recognize the syntax. I re-upgraded to 2003 Pro,
thinking Std. didn't let you run VBA, but the same problem happened.
Is it hopefully just a problem with the references? I think I have them all
there... but anyways something isn't working right. Thanks for your help!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

It was just a coincidence that the line that caused the error was lcase(). It
could have been any line.