Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RITRAM

Default Problems with Excel functions

I have a problem with the excel funtions. The problem is that when write a
funtion as for example : = Replace(E2,12,16," ") what is displayed in the
cell is the funtion that i wrote and not the result. I have been having this
problem and i do not know if it's a setting on my program. Please help me
on.....is URGENT... I need Excel working ....
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Your cell was formatted as text before entering the function.
Format as General and re-enter (F2, Enter)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"RITRAM" wrote in message
I have a problem with the excel funtions. The problem is that when write a
funtion as for example : = Replace(E2,12,16," ") what is displayed in the
cell is the funtion that i wrote and not the result. I have been having
this
problem and i do not know if it's a setting on my program. Please help me
on.....is URGENT... I need Excel working ....
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcus Ahlbäck

Hello

There is a (not so probable) alternative that you have by accident selected
tools-options-view-formulas

More likely however is that ther is something in your input that makes excel
interpret your formula as text. That depends on that you have you have
unintended space-bars, special signs (like ' ", row breaks etc) in your
formula.
I suggest you use the insert-formula-option to avoid this problem

Kind regards Marcus