Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wibs

Default Most Recent File problem - Help!!

Hi,

I have Excel 2000, and I have noticed that if I launch an Excel
spreadsheet from Windows Explorer, or from a search box (by
double-clicking it), and do some work on that spreadsheet and save it,
I then find that if I later open Excel and look for the file in the MRF
list under the File menu item, it is not
there.http://www.excelforum.com//images/smilies/confused.gif

It appears that it will only make it into the MRF lists if I open Excel
first, then use File Open to select the file, do some work and save it.

So why aren't files listed that are launched externally? Or am I the
only one?

Regards

Wibs

--
Wibs
Wibs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28922

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

The best way to insure that your file apears in the most recently opend files
is to:

1. first open Excel
2. open the file with the File Open pull-down

double-clicking icons is not as reliable.
--
Gary's Student