Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jinjon

Default Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart

Hi,

I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using
excel 2003.
I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem:
I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is
there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with
the exact X and Y location)
I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings...

Many thanks!
JJ.

--
jinjon
jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28903

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Pope

Hi,

If you know the point then this will help. You can ignore the shading
between lines part.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

If you need to determine the intersection then this should help.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm

Cheers
Andy

jinjon wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using
excel 2003.
I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem:
I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is
there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with
the exact X and Y location)
I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings...

Many thanks!
JJ.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jinjon

thanks Andy,

I was looking for the exact command or property that I should change,
in order for the chart to *show *the spot and mark it over the X axis.
I can calculate the point, it's not a problem (I have the lines); i
need the chart to show it.

--
jinjon
jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28903
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486510

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Pope

Hi,

The chart will not so it automatically. But you can add data series to
plot the required points.

Cheers
Andy