Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Stewart

Default XLS files that I post on the web

I have posted an xls file on our website with the intent of alowing my users
to download the file. I've done this by using a simple hyperlink via
frontpage.

My problem is that when people open the file (vs. saving it to their local
drive) - it opens in a browser - which creates havic when they want to have
it.

I was hoping that when they opened it from the website , that it would open
in excel, rather then the browser.

Any sugesstions?

Thanks!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken W

In my computer click on tools - folder options - file types - click on the xl
file ext - advance - uncheck open in same broswer - click ok