gago818

Default My First Post!

Hey guys this is my first post, I tryed to use the search option to look
for answers but it wouldnt give me any results because of the criteria.
Well anyways I have a couple of office files in a folder and I need to
learn how to use them in collaboration with each other. I barely ever
use Excel so I wouldn't know where to start and if someone would help
me I would appreciate it. Well anyways this is how it goes, my boss has
a mortgage financing company and he gave me a couple of files to
overlook containing information about customers. Myself, being more of
a field agent I never really spend too much time at the office, so the
files he gave me are basically files with the same filename except with
different extentions. I would ask him how to use them except for the
fact that he is in Italy and I need to get this customer information
printed out before November so our company doesn't lose productivity.
Unfortunately he is coming back later than that so I would be in a bit
of trouble if things don't work out soon. I managed to open 2 of the 4
files using Excel but they don't contain our customer contact numbers
(which is the most important). I beleive the other 2 files might be the
missing links to that information. Well anyways here is the technical
stuff. The four extensions are ".xls, .srt, .dbf, .csv". If anyone
would be kind enough to help me link these extensions before November I
would even be happy enough to offer a reward. So If anyone can throw
some advice my way I would greatly appreciate it. If you need to e-mail
me my email is ' ) . So
anyways thanks in advance If you can help me.

EDIT: I found a couple of other extensions bringing the total
extensions to ".xls, .srt, .dbf, .fdf, .lab, .pcr, .psm, .rej, .rpd,
.sbk, .csv, .cdx, .mdb, .gr, .pkg, .ini, .imp, ,.sup, .rpd" I hope this
can help you answer my question even more thoroughly if possible.

--
gago818
gago818's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28290

Peo Sjoblom

srt is a text file for video files, dbf is a database file and you should be
able to open it with MS Access

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"gago818" wrote in
message ...

[...]

gago818

i know i can open it in access but they dont show all of the
information, If someone else is in the refinancing business please let
me know if there is a proprietary program i need to use with this.
Thanx for ur help but I still haven't found a solution.