Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick

Default Problem inserting a new worksheet

I cannot insert additional worksheets into the exisiting book. The option is
faded out, suggesting I might have something locked or otherwise. Can you
help please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Nick

You have protect your workbook

ToolsProtection

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Nick" wrote in message ...
I cannot insert additional worksheets into the exisiting book. The option is
faded out, suggesting I might have something locked or otherwise. Can you
help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick

Hi Ron, I have several pages in the document and I have made sure that they
all unprotected, but they "insert" option remains greyed out

"Nick" wrote in message ...
I cannot insert additional worksheets into the exisiting book. The option is
faded out, suggesting I might have something locked or otherwise. Can you
help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Nick

Ron is speaking of "workbook" protection, not "worksheet" protection.

ToolsProtectionUnprotect Workbook.

Sheet protection just prevents changes to the sheet which is protected.

Workbook protection prevents changes to the workbook, like adding or deleting
a sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Nick" wrote in message ...
I cannot insert additional worksheets into the exisiting book. The option is
faded out, suggesting I might have something locked or otherwise. Can you
help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick

Brilliant, thanks very much all sorted and apologies to Ron for not reading
his help properly

Nick