CraigD

Default How can I customize Freeze Panes in Excel?

I would like to keep row 1 on the screen at all times (column A through
whatever column can fit on the screen display - column O in my example)
without it scrolling either when I scroll down or to the right. I want to do
this because row 1 contains my company logo, a counter for how many rows are
in the spreadsheet, and the current date of the data.

I would also like to freeze row 2 because this row contains headers. I
would also like to freeze column's A & B because these columns contain
descriptive data that is meaningfull when I scroll to the right.

Going to cell C3, then Window | Freeze Panes does not work because when I
scroll to the right, row 1 begins to scroll and I don't want row 1 to scroll
at all.

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide to me.

Thanks!
David Billigmeier

There is a little horizontal bar at the top of the scrolling bar, and a
vertical bar at the right of the horizontal scrolling bar. Drag those into
place first, then Window-Freeze Panes

Dave

"CraigD" wrote:

I would like to keep row 1 on the screen at all times (column A through
whatever column can fit on the screen display - column O in my example)
without it scrolling either when I scroll down or to the right. I want to do
this because row 1 contains my company logo, a counter for how many rows are
in the spreadsheet, and the current date of the data.

I would also like to freeze row 2 because this row contains headers. I
would also like to freeze column's A & B because these columns contain
descriptive data that is meaningfull when I scroll to the right.

Going to cell C3, then Window | Freeze Panes does not work because when I
scroll to the right, row 1 begins to scroll and I don't want row 1 to scroll
at all.

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide to me.

Thanks!

Biff

Hi!

You can either split the window or freeze panes but not both. When you
freeze panes you'll notice that the window "splitters" near the scroll bars
disappear.

What the OP wants can't be done.

Biff

"David Billigmeier" wrote in
message ...

"CraigD" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Craig

You can't get to there from here<g

What you want cannot be done using a split window or freeze panes.

Row 1 A:O will not scroll across only if you freeze at row 3 and column P

You might want to experiment using windownew windowarrange.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP