Harry Gordon

Default Extra Row in Defined Print Area

I am working with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that has some 1000 rows
in it. I want to set the print area for rows 850 - 950 and that works fine
EXCEPT that row 504 also gets included in the print area definition. I have
cleared the print area repeatedly, I have set the print area repeated and in
every case regardless of what rows/columns I include in a newly defined
print area, row 504 gets included as the very first row of the print.

If I don't define a print area, row 504 does not get printed. But as soon as
I set a print area regardless of where it is in the spreadsheet, row 504
takes its prominent place at the head of the line :-(. If I delete row 504,
then the set print area works fine. What setting would be forcing row 504 to
be included?

Any suggestions on how to get rid of that row from the defined print area
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Harry Gordon

Bryan Hessey

If you are in File, Page Setup, and select the Sheet tab does the row
504 show in the 'Area' or the 'repeat at top'.

If you select your area from the Area dropdown can you 'OK' the otions,
and re-select File, Page Setup, Sheet again. Does the 504 row show at
this point?

If you then print and re-visit the 'Sheet' options is the Area setting
changed?

Can you determine at what point the corruption occurs?

Are there any macros or VB code connected with this Workbook that might
affect print selection?
(Tools, Macro, Macros for Macros, or Press Alt & F11 to see VB code)

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484602

Harry Gordon

Bryan, thank you for your reply. Because of a timing situation, I went ahead
and just re-entered the information in another row and deleted the affending
row and now everything is working fine. Fortunately, the data was straight
forward without a lot of formulas or cell references.

Thanks again,

Harry

news:Bryan.Hessey.1yfbmq_1131865830.9736@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Harry Gordon Wrote:
[...]