Harry Gordon

Default Extra Row in Defined Print Area

I am working with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that has some 1000 rows
in it. I want to set the print area for rows 850 - 950 and that works fine
EXCEPT that row 504 also gets included in the print area definition. I have
cleared the print area repeatedly, I have set the print area repeated and in
every case regardless of what rows/columns I include in a newly defined
print area, row 504 gets included as the very first row of the print.

If I don't define a print area, row 504 does not get printed. But as soon as
I set a print area regardless of where it is in the spreadsheet, row 504
takes its prominent place at the head of the line :-(. If I delete row 504,
then the set print area works fine. What setting would be forcing row 504 to
be included?

Any suggestions on how to get rid of that row from the defined print area
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Harry Gordon