lil'bit

Default unintentionally changing SS

Hello forum. I have a problem. Sometimes when looking at an older SS on
the computer, I find the totals changed from when I originally printed
them. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the headings/page
break numbers that I add to the second/ third page after totaling all
columns and rows. Or maybe the notations I write up at bottom of SS.

Is there a way to lock ( and Unlock for adding an add't row of data ) a
SS so it cannot be changed? Or, preferably, is there a way to -print -
the page that will automatically add headings and titles to second and
third pages without me actually entering the headings etc between the
figures when there is a page break. Each month's SS will always have
2-3 pages and each page has to have the headings etc. It's always the
grand totals that are changed. The row upon row of currency data stays
the same.

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4306
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484486

Ken Puls

Hi there,

Here's a great article about how to have your heading rows repeat at the top
of every page you print:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_exce l.htm

And for locking down your cells:

Hope this helps,

--
Ken Puls
www.officearticles.com

"lil'bit" wrote in
message ...

[...]

lil'bit

Omgosh, that is so cool. What a program! Thank you thank you. Maybe now
there won't be these changes in the totals.

One more thing... How do I get it to also print Page 1 of 2, Page 2 of
2, etc.?

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4306
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484486

lil'bit

Er.. And one more question. Since there are so many pages, it is easy to
get mixed up as to which column you are in when you can no longer see
the headings. Is there a way to get the headings from the first page to
slide down as you go lower from row to row? Thank you.

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4306
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484486

Anne Troy

Go to View--Header and Footer. Use a Custom Header or Footer and type the
following:
Page &[Page] of &[Pages] (the buttons help with the &[Page] parts of the
"code".
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"lil'bit" wrote in
message ...

Omgosh, that is so cool. What a program! Thank you thank you. Maybe now
there won't be these changes in the totals.

One more thing... How do I get it to also print Page 1 of 2, Page 2 of
2, etc.?

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484486

Anne Troy

You just need to freeze panes.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"lil'bit" wrote in
message ...

Er.. And one more question. Since there are so many pages, it is easy to
get mixed up as to which column you are in when you can no longer see
the headings. Is there a way to get the headings from the first page to
slide down as you go lower from row to row? Thank you.

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484486

lil'bit

Thank you Ken and Anne. This forum is tops. I nearly always get great
informative precise instructions. There isn't much of a problem that
someone doesn't have an answer. Ya'll have a great weekend. :)