E.

Default Conditional formatting

I have a table with weeks one to 52 in the a column. Every week has new data
enterred into it and I want to highlight the max and min values in different
colours. I know that it is a conditional format. Here is the problem: 1.
I may have the wrong formula. 2. I can't get the conditional formatting to
work in cells that are currently blank. Ex. I have 13 of the 52 weeks
enterred and when I enter new date in week 14 if its a min or max, the cell
won't highlight.
Please help,
Thanks
Search33

Assume values are in A1:AZ1
go to the conditional formatting for A1 only (highlight A1 and go to
Format--Conditional Formatting)
it should be set at "formula is" =A1=MAX($A$1:$AZ$1) (make sure you type
both equal signs)
then click add and set the next one to formula is =A1=MIN($A$1:$AZ$1)
You can then set the formatting you want for each condition.

Then copy cell A1, highlight cells B2:AZ1 go to edit- paste special
Select Formats
the click ok.