Ross

Default excell question

I'm working on a spread sheet and need to know if I can enter in a number
into a cell and have it automatically calculate what i want and put that
number into another cell. What I want to do is enter in the hours someone
has worked on one of several tasks and have it automatically calculate how
much that is costing and have it put into a totals cell along with other
people that have differing wages. I can send a copy of what I'm working on
so you can see it if you really want to get into this

thanks
Earl Kiosterud

Ross,

You haven't said how the calculation is to be performed. If the time, in
hours, entered in the form hh:mm, or hh:mm:ss is in A2, and the hourly rate
is in B2, put this in a cell:
=A2*24*B2

If the hours are simple numbers, like 8, then use:
=A2*B2

For a more specific answer, tell exactly what's in which cells.

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com