johnwilliams

Default Too few columns!

I am trying to create a calendar for all the working days in 2006.
Annoyingly, when I reach the column headed IV it will not allow me to
move any further across, i.e. I cannot insert any new columns. As I'm
only about 6 days away from the end of the year this is highly
annoying!

Thank you,

John.

--
johnwilliams
johnwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28558

Roger Govier

Hi John

256 is the max columns in Excel (until Excel 12 next year when it becomes 1024)

You could make a calendar for workdays each month and have them as "blocks
of data" om the page. You should be able to get 2 months side by side, with
6 months down the page.

Regards

Roger Govier

johnwilliams wrote:
I am trying to create a calendar for all the working days in 2006.
Annoyingly, when I reach the column headed IV it will not allow me to
move any further across, i.e. I cannot insert any new columns. As I'm
only about 6 days away from the end of the year this is highly
annoying!

Thank you,

John.

Roger Govier

Quite right Jim.

I don't know why 1,024 came to mind, other than the obvious factor of 2!!
Maybe its because I can't imagine myself ever wanting that many columns -
but then again, when I got my first 10MByte hard disk I couldn't imagine how
I could ever want more<vbg.

Regards

Roger Govier

Jim Rech wrote:
until Excel 12 next year when it becomes 1024

Actually 16,384!

Jim Rech

Maybe its because I can't imagine myself ever wanting that many columns

It is mind-blowing but... how long after release will it be until we see our
first "how can I increase the number of columns?" post. It will happen,
although maybe the same re the paltry 1 meg of rows will beat it.<g