tarthur

Default copy value in cell above to cell below for a whole column

I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists
the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above
to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the
Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the
data into the blank cells.

Can anyone help?

tarthur

"tarthur" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists
the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above
to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the
Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the
data into the blank cells, without doing each one individually. copy down the whole column at the same time.

Can anyone help?