bob

Default Copy the last cell in an Excel column to another cell

I am a novice excel user. I have a spread sheet that continually changes,
rows and columns add or subtract up to a total. The total column contiunues
to grow in length as new entries are made. Can this last cell with an entry
be copied to another cell, for example in a header back at the top of the
spread sheet? I have tried to find a function to no avail...MAX wont work
becasue the number can get smaller.

Thanks in advance.
Domenic

Assuming that Column C contains the 'Total', try...

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,C:C)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
bob wrote:

I am a novice excel user. I have a spread sheet that continually changes,
rows and columns add or subtract up to a total. The total column contiunues
to grow in length as new entries are made. Can this last cell with an entry
be copied to another cell, for example in a header back at the top of the
spread sheet? I have tried to find a function to no avail...MAX wont work
becasue the number can get smaller.

Thanks in advance.

Gary''s Student

For example to get the last cell in column A use:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A2:A653560),A2:A65356)

Started with A2 because A1 had a label
--
Gary''s Student