Rodway N

Default Excel: Format Control: 'cell link' reamins constant. How to copy

In Format Control, select control option. There is a min value; max value
and an incremental change value. Below that is a field called "Cell Link".
Even though I remove the '$' signs the cell link value remains constant when
copied to another row or column. In other words if formula is in D4 and I
link it to C4 it will point to C4. But if I copy the formula to D5 the link
will remain pointing to C4. How do I set it to point to C5?