Cleared for Take-Off

Default worksheet tabs do not respond to grouping

I have used grouping worksheets in the past using Shift or Alt. But on the
Excel I am using (2003), the worksheet tabs do not respond to the grouping
command. I run "run and fix" from the help tab. No change. What do I need to
do please. Thanks.
Gord Dibben

You never in the past used the ALT key for grouping sheets.

You used SHIFT to select all contiguous sheets between selected sheet and next
selected sheet or you used CTRL to select individual non-contiguous sheets.

What doen't happen when you use either of these keys while selecting sheets?

No sheets selected? Some sheets but not the ones you want? All sheets
selected?

Does right-click on a tab and "Select all sheets" work?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:06:02 -0800, "Cleared for Take-Off"
wrote:

I have used grouping worksheets in the past using Shift or Alt. But on the
Excel I am using (2003), the worksheet tabs do not respond to the grouping
command. I run "run and fix" from the help tab. No change. What do I need to
do please. Thanks.

Cleared for Take-Off

My apologies for posting the question (and I meant CTRL and not ALT). Using
the shift and the CTRL are working, as I see the "Group" at the top of the
worksheet. I thought in the past that the grouped sheets also bolded on the
tabs. Guess not. Anyway, again, sorry for taking your time.
Mickey

wrote:

I have used grouping worksheets in the past using Shift or Alt. But on the
Excel I am using (2003), the worksheet tabs do not respond to the grouping
command. I run "run and fix" from the help tab. No change. What do I need to
do please. Thanks.

Gord Dibben

The grouped sheets will be white as opposed to the default gray or the color
you have given them.

Don't remember them ever being "bold".

Thanks for the feedback and don't apologise for the time taken.

Always happy to be of some help.

Now, just don't forget to ungroup them before moving on to what should be
single sheet operations.

Gord