Patricia H.

Default How do I create shortcuts to take me to parts of a spreadsheet?

I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it
faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it?
Matthew S

Naming cells is one way to do it.

Select the points on the worksheet (or workbook for that matter) where you
want the bookmark. Then click in the Name Box (the box to the left of the
Formula Bar) type in a name for your bookmark and hit enter.

Once youve built your bookmarks (as named cells) click the down pointing
arrow in the Name Box and select the bookmark to which you want to move.

"Patricia H." wrote:

I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it
faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it?

FinRazel

This sounds like a job for the "Drawing" toolbar. Click
View-Toolbars-Drawing. This will show the Drawing toolbar, where you can
annotate your spreadsheet in many ways, like adding arrows, comments,
pictures, etc.

"Patricia H." wrote:

I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it
faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it?

Dave Peterson

I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function:

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

--

Dave Peterson
David McRitchie

Hi Patricia,
Depends on what you are doing
1) to go to a specific cell, use the name box to left of formula bar
2) to get from a specific cell that you don't want to be on, to get to
another cell that you want to be on there is protection, and there
are event macros.

3) some macros
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/gotostuff.txt

One of my favorites, an event macro:
MATCH Worksheet Function in a macro as a substitute for hyperlinks,
in a a name and address list. (#match)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#match

---
HTH,