LDPitsy1970

Default Hyperlinking to Excel 2000 with a linked spreadsheet

We are hyperinking from our intranet to a spreadsheet with is linked to a
second spreadsheet, when you first open the spreadsheet it works fine if you
try to re-open the spreadsheet again after you have exited your browser the
message that the linked spreadsheet is still open appears. There is no excel
window open but in Task Manager there is an Excel.exe process running.

Any ideas have I can automatically get the spreadsheet to close the linked
sheet upon exiting?