Shorty

Default Can I protect an Excel workbook to allow additions only?

I'm creating a workbood that is a permanent record for my business. Is it
possible to protect it so that additions can be made, but the current
information cannot be deleted or changed?
Chip Pearson

I don't believe this is possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Shorty" wrote in message
I'm creating a workbood that is a permanent record for my
business. Is it
possible to protect it so that additions can be made, but the
current
information cannot be deleted or changed?

Peo Sjoblom

No it's not possible to stop someone who knows a bit about excel and can
lookup things online, it can be done for the average user
1 Select the worksheet, do formatcellsprotection, uncheck locked, now
select the part you want to protect, repeat and select locked.
Protect the sheet. Or if the cells you want to leave unprotected are smaller
than the one you want to protect, just select the cells that you want to be
free for editing, uncheck locked
protect the sheet

Peo Sjoblom