Joh

Default Custom Number format question

Hi all,

I have been thinking about this for a while now without coming up with a
sollution. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me.

I have a big holiday and absence spreadsheet that I put in all my
departments leave and sickness into. I put 1 in a cell for a whole day and
0.5 for half.

The problem I have is, to be able to display the 0.5 I have to go in and add
a decimal place for that cell manually. If I add a decimal place for all
cells 1 becomes 1.0 which I don't want.

My question is, is there a way to display a decimal place only when a number
has a positive number after the decimal sign?
So 0.5 should be displayed as 0.5 and not 1 and 1 should be displayed as 1
and not 1.0.

I've been trying to make a custom number format for this but maybe that's
not an option?

Hope the question is not too confusing.

Looking forward to your comments!

Thanks
Joh

Joh

Thanks a lot Bob. It has almost solved my problem!
What I forgot to write in my question is that I use the Accounting number
format with Symbol set to none. This is to get a line instead of 0 when
there's nothing in the cells.
This is the number format I use at the moment, _-* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-*
"-"_-;_-@_-

Could you maybe help me to modify this with the format you just gave me?

Thanks so much for the help!

"Joh" wrote in message
[...]

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:46:03 -0700, Joh wrote:

[...]

Not sure of your question.

But if you leave the cell formatted as General, then '1' will be displayed as
'1' and '.5' as '0.5'.

--ron

Joh

Thanks a lot you two! Finally solved my problem!

By using [=0.5]0.0;[<0.1]-;0 I can display 0.5 with one decimal. Everything
below 0.1 as - and everything else with no decimals.

Thanks again. Top advice!