JB

Default Freezing pane

When I attempt to freeze the top header pane in a sheet for scrolling
purposes, Excel freezes the first 13 panes instead. How do I fix this.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry

Dave Peterson

This is the reply you got on Saturday:

Remove the frozen panes (window|Unfreeze panes)

Select A1 (so you can see it on the screen)

If you want the first 3 rows frozen, select A4 and window|Freeze Panes

Every row above the selected cell will be frozen.

If you want to freeze columns, then select a cell. Every column to the left of
that selected cell will be frozen.

So if I showed A1, then selected E9, then rows 1-8 would be frozen. And the
same for columns A:D.

====
Didn't it work ok for you?

--

Dave Peterson
JB

David:
I could find neither my post nor a response on Saturday's listing ... the
reason I reposted. I do not know why it did not show up on my computer. I
will try your suggestion however, and thank you for your assistance.

Jerry

JB wrote:

When I attempt to freeze the top header pane in a sheet for scrolling
purposes, Excel freezes the first 13 panes instead. How do I fix this.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry

--

Dave Peterson

JB

Thank you ... I was selecting the top row (header) and now see I must select
the row immediately below it, and then freeze the pane. Thanks again. As
mentioned earlier, I do not know why my post or your reply was removed. It
does not show up on my screen for the 22nd of this month, the date I posted
and apparently the date you responded.

JB wrote:

When I attempt to freeze the top header pane in a sheet for scrolling
purposes, Excel freezes the first 13 panes instead. How do I fix this.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You can use google to search for stuff you've posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm