bri

Default 75seconds to load excel files

all of a sudden my Excel (and Word) files take about 75 seconds to load
after the application has loaded. I cannot find any reason but there
again I am a novice.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help in anticipation

bri

--
bri
bri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27704

Anne Troy

http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...me_to_open.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"bri" wrote in message

all of a sudden my Excel (and Word) files take about 75 seconds to load
after the application has loaded. I cannot find any reason but there
again I am a novice.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help in anticipation

bri

--
bri
bri's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478584

garfield-n-odie

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

bri wrote:

all of a sudden my Excel (and Word) files take about 75 seconds to load
after the application has loaded. I cannot find any reason but there
again I am a novice.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help in anticipation

bri

bri

thanks for the advice it cut the time down considerabley. I have now
deleted norton antivirus and remove every mention of it in the
Registry. everything load correctly now will have to use a different
virus checker

thanks
bri

--
bri
bri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27704
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478584

Anne Troy

bri: I have NO issues with McAfee for about 4 years running now...
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"bri" wrote in message

thanks for the advice it cut the time down considerabley. I have now
deleted norton antivirus and remove every mention of it in the
Registry. everything load correctly now will have to use a different
virus checker

thanks
bri

--
bri
bri's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478584

garfield-n-odie

It should not be necessary to delete ALL of Norton Antivirus.
Disabling the Office Plugin should have been sufficient. I've
been providing tech support for PCs with various versions of
Norton and McAfee for the past 10+ years, and personally prefer
Norton to McAfee (but some users disagree with me, so that's why
we have both!). Seems like a waste to throw the baby out with
the bath water, especially if you already paid for the baby.