Rita

Default Any free excel downloads so I can edit my files, not view only?

I can only view excel files, can't edit them. I'm unable to contact the
person that originally saved the files that I need to edit. I recently had
my computer reformatted and now I can't edit my excel files. I have
microsoft office XP. I could only find a excel viewer on the site to
download and that's not working for what I need. Please help me!

My Best,
Rita
Harald Staff

Hi Rita

Office XP should, unless deselected in a silly custom install , contain
Excel XP. Which is not only a very capable, but in most instances the most
preferred, piece of software to edit Excel files. Please provide detail on
"can't edit them".

Best wishes Harald

"Rita" <Rita @discussions.microsoft.com skrev i melding
I can only view excel files, can't edit them. I'm unable to contact the
person that originally saved the files that I need to edit. I recently

had
my computer reformatted and now I can't edit my excel files. I have
microsoft office XP. I could only find a excel viewer on the site to
download and that's not working for what I need. Please help me!

My Best,
Rita

Rita

Ok, I have files or software rather, that I have saved to my computer. I can
open them, read them, but I cannot change the info on the pages. I think that
I do not have Excel???

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi Rita

Office XP should, unless deselected in a silly custom install , contain
Excel XP. Which is not only a very capable, but in most instances the most
preferred, piece of software to edit Excel files. Please provide detail on
"can't edit them".

Best wishes Harald

"Rita" <Rita @discussions.microsoft.com skrev i melding
I can only view excel files, can't edit them. I'm unable to contact the
person that originally saved the files that I need to edit. I recently

had
my computer reformatted and now I can't edit my excel files. I have
microsoft office XP. I could only find a excel viewer on the site to
download and that's not working for what I need. Please help me!

My Best,
Rita

Harald Staff

Do a search for Excel.exe in your C:\Program Files folder, subfolders
included. That would be Excel.

If not there then you must either buy Excel or get another spreadsheet
program that can handle Excel files. Open Office is pretty good. Do a google
search for it, posts recommending its url tend to disappear from Microsoft
servers.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Rita" skrev i melding

"Harald Staff" wrote:

[...]

Jerry W. Lewis

What happens when you try to change them? Perhaps they are protected?
As Harald has pointed out, Excel is part of Microsoft Office, which you
said that you have; if Excel is not on your computer, simply reinstall
Office from CD and choose to install it.

If you don't have MS Office CDs, a small Excel compatible (mostly)
spreadsheet can be downloaded from
http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/

Jerry